Not Your Typical Attorney Bio
I don’t like to boast about academics and accomplishments you’re not interested in. Instead, I’m taking the novel approach of actually telling you what you want to know, which is… real answers to the questions you’re asking yourself right now.
(If you want to see my academics and accomplishments, scroll to the bottom)
i can help you with
- ASSAULT & BATTERY
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
- DRUG OFFENSES
- JUVENILE DEFENSE
- PERSONAL INJURY
How many criminal cases have you handled?
I have done criminal work all of my career as an attorney. At the Solicitor’s Office, we handled thousands of cases per year. For my last 2 years at the Solicitor’s office, I supervised all of the cases prosecuted in Dorchester County. During my career I have personally handled over 2400 cases in General Sessions Court ranging from Simple Possession of Marijuana to Murder and everything in between. View the list of cases by clicking the link below. Now as a defense attorney, I have defended many cases as well.
Will you return my calls and emails?
Yes. Without question.
I realize this is one of the major frustrations the general public has with regard to dealing with attorneys. I get dozens of calls and emails every day, and I work hard to reply as quickly as possible. Fortunately, communication is one of my strengths.
What is it like working with you?
My clients are better suited to answer this for you. Look at the testimonials throughout this site to see what they’re saying.
Here’s what I can tell you: I’m honest and candid. I take pride in being approachable and friendly and if I don’t know the answer to your question, I’m not going to blow smoke. If you’re looking for someone to represent you in a tough time knowing that you can rest assured that you have the best representation possible, then you’re in the right place. Many times, my clients have never had the necessity to employ an attorney and I do everything possible to make it a pleasant experience.
Do you have experience doing exactly what I need?
If it is an issue for which you need an attorney, then likely I have experience in that area. However, we won’t know until we discuss your specific needs. These are the areas of law that are a “strong suit” of mine:
If your situation isn’t represented on that list, don’t worry. Contact me anyway. If I can’t help, I’ll try to get you referred to an another attorney who can and someone that I would hire myself if I needed an attorney for your type of situation.
Do you do anything other than practice law?
Just as everyone has their hobbies, I have mine as well. If I’m not at the office, you might find me building a piece of furniture maybe even playing in a band or for church on Sunday morning. If not there, I might be trout fishing in Western North Carolina or potentially buzzing overhead.
ACADEMICS & ACHIEVEMENTS
IN THE BEGINNING
- Born and raised in the lowcountry (Berkeley County) of South Carolina.
- Went to Berkeley County Schools from K -12.
- Obtained Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice and a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from Charleston Southern University, graduating cum laude.
- Began a career at the Solicitor’s Office for the First Judicial Circuit of South Carolina with (then) Solicitor Walter Bailey.
- Went to law school in 2002 at Mississippi College School of Law.
- Selected for Law Review, Moot Court and won awards for legal writing and research.
- Graduated law school magna cum laude and in “Top 5” of graduating class.
- Served a short while as a clerk for Barnwell, Whaley, Patterson, & Helms, then on Daniel Island.
- Continued with the Solicitor’s Office in the First Judicial Circuit and in 2011, became Senior General Sessions Court prosecutor.
- In 2013, established a private practice with a goal of providing quality legal service for select clients.
- 2015 Dorchester County Bar Vice President
- 2016 Dorchester County Bar President
Timely returned call
time, Mr. Hilton phoned me back on Sunday after I had left a message for a return call late Saturday. Explained all options and possible out comes prior to court. Then in court he negotiated an outcome that I would never have been able to achieve with out his representation. Thank You, FW
LE – Client
Sharp, Experienced and Diligent
LE – Client
YOUR NEXT STEPS
1. Schedule an Appointment
Call (843) 376-5524 or send us an email to setup a time to come into our office or for a telephone meeting.
2. Discuss Your Situation
3. Decide to Work Together
HOW CAN I HELP YOU?
Get a free case review